Prince Had "Exceedingly High" Levels Of Fentanyl In His System When He Died

After Prince's death in April 2016, investigators determined he was killed by an accidental overdose of the synthetic opioid known as fentanyl — and now, thanks to a toxicology report obtained by the Associated Press, we have a better idea of just how much of the drug was in his system when he died.

Unsurprisingly given the end result, medical experts have described the amount of fentanyl in Prince's system as dangerously concentrated. One such expert, Rutgers New Jersey Medical School chairman of emergency medicine Dr. Lewis Nelson, called the report "a pretty clear smoking gun" and added, "The amount in his blood is exceedingly high, even for somebody who is a chronic pain patient on fentanyl patches."


Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content

100.3 The Bus · We Play Everything - Des Moines
Listen Now on iHeartRadio