How would you define "American food"? It might be pretty similar to this, actually.
A woman in England took a few pictures at a grocery store of their "American food" aisle. And now they're going viral because of the products the grocery store picked. They include . . .
1. Lots of candy, including Nerds, Reese's Pieces, and Jelly Belly jelly beans.
2. Twinkies and Pepperidge Farms cookies.
3. Breakfast foods like Pop Tarts and Lucky Charms. And even a generic version of Lucky Charms called "Marshmallow Mateys."
4. Pumpkin pie filling.
5. A1 steak sauce, Jim Beam bourbon barbecue sauce, and liquid smoke.
6. Jack Link's beef jerky.
7. Hot dogs in a jar, floating in water.
It's that last one that's getting most Americans worked up. It's like . . . sure, we'll concede that we mostly eat candy and processed food, but we draw the line at tiny hot dogs floating in a jar.